Title: Marketing Director
Status: Full-time (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)
The Marketing Director will be responsible for the development and implementation of Barrett Barrera Projects’ brand strategy. The position will work closely with company affiliates, including projects+gallery, to create multi-faceted, strategic communication plans for a fast-paced organization with multiple entities. Communications should convey complex subject matter to new and existing audiences in accessible and clear language. The Marketing Director will develop strategies for new and existing projects and execute campaigns, events, digital marketing and select PR efforts. The position will work with a PR consultant and, depending on date of hire, may participate in the vetting process to identify that partner.
The Marketing Director will oversee production of all marketing materials, ensuring high editorial and graphic standards consistent with the company’s established brand identity across communications, including the quarterly newsletter, website, social media, email, advertising, press releases, signage, and other collateral as needed. Depending on date of hire, the Marketing Director will have the opportunity to work with contracted partners to develop a new brand identity and website.
The Marketing Director will work across departments, engaging all stakeholders to ensure accuracy and craft compelling content. The position will be responsible for maintaining and strengthening media relations, planning and executing all media campaigns and direct all advertising efforts, including media buys and sponsorships.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Maintain accurate and updated press files for all represented artists
– Develop and maintain press contact lists for each represented artist
– Develop and maintain image archives with photographer information and publication history for each represented artist and exhibition
– Keep artist and exhibition sponsor logos and related text on file and ensure inclusion and accuracy on all relevant materials
– Liaise with publications and writers on behalf of represented artists
– Solicit and arrange for interviews with represented artists
– Oversee production of all marketing materials
– Ensure high editorial and graphic standards consistent with the company’s established brand identity across all communications, whether those communications are developed in house or outsourced
– Should graphic design be outsourced to a contracted consultant, the Marketing Director will oversee the execution and accuracy of collateral being produced
– Develop systems and guardrails by which other staff and consultants can consistently and clearly communicate company identity
– Develop graphics and presentations in house wherever possible
– Develop all in house press releases, unless determined to be outsourced to identified PR partners
– Develop strategic plans for increased company engagement with audiences on social and digital media platforms. Execute plans with support from staff as needed.
– Manage and develop content for the company’s blog, website and other external digital platforms
– Develop and execute strategic communication plans to maximize exposure for company projects, ensuring timely follow up and coverage
– Oversee company photography needs, whether handled in house or outsourced
– Maintain company image archives, ensuring credits are known and filed appropriately
Public and Community Relations:
– Develop relationships on behalf of Barrett Barrera Projects with community members, including institutional contacts and media locally and nationally
– Maintain an updated list of relevant press contacts
– Serve as a key BBP representative to liaise with contracted PR, locally and nationally
– Attend community events on behalf of Barrett Barrera Projects as needed
– Positively and professionally represent Barrett Barrera Projects at all times, both as directly and indirectly related to the company and its stakeholders
– Liaise with company constituents, including artists, in a professional and responsive manner, ensuring professional boundaries remain in tact at all times
– Operate with confidentiality on behalf of the company, senior leadership and clients at all times
– Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the company
– Oversee marketing intern(s)
DESIRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
– Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
– Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success.
– Graphic design capabilities are desired.
– Ability to professionally photograph artwork is desired.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat, Constant Contact, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, webpage creation using custom content management systems
– Strong attention to detail
– Works well independently, including the ability to identify and solve problems quickly
– Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours
– Must have strong interest in company content, including contemporary art, fashion and culture.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and three references to Kelly Peck at Kelly@barrettbarrera.com.