Title: Graphic Design Intern
Status: Part-time (14 hours/week), Temporary intern
Work Days: TBD
Reports to: Project Manager, Barrett Barrera Projects
Barrett Barrera Projects (BBP) is the originator of a new model in which museum touring exhibitions, multiple commercial gallery spaces, private client sales, art-centered event production, and consultancy services are offered from a single organization with a growing presence nationally and internationally.
As part of a dynamic, commercial arts organization, internships are designed to provide access to and experience with the day-to-day operations at BBP which include gallery exhibits, touring exhibitions, programs, collection management and artwork sales.
The Graphic Design Intern will support the company’s design efforts through the creation of print and digital materials. By participating in creative brainstorming with different team members, they will design for a variety of applications consisting of but not limited to, new exhibition signage, postcards, and price sheets for projects+gallery. They will collaborate with the marketing team to design content for social media channels and will have the opportunity to refine business collateral, so the branding is consistent throughout regularly used assets. The Graphic Design Intern will also gain experience applying design practices that aid business development by creating presentations and pitch decks.
Essential Functions/General Responsibilities:
- Updates and adapts pitch decks
- Brainstorms and iterates various applications of exhibition style guides
- Supports the development and creation of exhibition collateral
- Prepares content and designs to support social media strategy
- Designs and supports production of stationary while adhering to the company’s brand guidelines
- Generates production ready files
- Updates templates for marketing materials
- Collaborates with internal staff and outside contractors
- Works effectively under deadlines
- Participates in staff one-on-ones to be scheduled by the Project Manager & Internship Coordinator for an in-depth look at key members of a creative organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design completed or in progress at a four-year university
- Proficient in Adobe CC (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Microsoft Office, Dropbox, and Google Suite
- Online portfolio that demonstrates a passion for the creative process
- Experience with brand identity, digital media, and print collateral
- An eye for using typography to create engaging pieces
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- High-level organization
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Works well independently, including the ability to identify and solve problems quickly
- Able to communicate with staff and clearly articulate policies and procedures
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
Paid by stipend or eligible for course credit.
To apply please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to Kasper Woldtvedt (email@example.com) with the subject titled, “Graphic Design Internship Applicant.”